Sunday, September 13, 2009

State Bar Annual Meeting and Blog 2.0

Fresh off the finish of the State Bar of California's Annual meeting, I'm headed back to Burbank from points south with pages of full of insight information and ideas and re-energized on my practice. Most importantly, it's the use of Read Before Signing in a more substantive and more readable way. The entries will be shorter and more frequent. There will be an associated video blog (hosted on our own YouTube channel), and we'll even be on Twitter (which I've truly been trying to avoid). It's an exciting time to be a part of the new business models for the practice of law and MyContractsGuy intends to take advantage of this time by being on the forefront of these changes - bringing you the real help you need, how you need it.

One of the most important things I learned at the Annual Meeting was actually the most disappointing things about the event. I was hoping to run into many other lawyers who were like me: young, yet experienced and talented, and taking the opportunity generated by the widespread failure of the large law firm business model to create new value propositions for small to medium sized businesses and sole proprietors. I was looking forward to sharing ideas and lessons learned with these attorneys, and adding them to my network of service providers who I could refer when I got inquiries from clients that I was not going to handle. Unfortunately, I met less than five. Actually, I met three.

It was at first, disheartening (and made the few social events at the meeting unbearably awkward for your favorite contracts attorney), but then I realized that it's actually great news. So MyContractsGuy.com is still a trailblazer, and still able to create unprecedented value for its clients. The majority of lawyers still insist on outdated pricing and service models that can cost your dearly in a time when overpaying is the last thing you can afford to do. It will be fun to pass on the lessons learned at the meeting and including you in the new ways the blog will grow in the days and weeks to come!

STAY TUNED and welcome to Read Before Signing 2.0!

0 comments:

Post a Comment